Sunday, December 12, 2010

Magic Bowl(s)



Several years ago, I inherited Memaw Jennie's mixing bowls. There are 3 of them, and they have been in my cabinet all this time. I finally decided I needed to be using them. Gosh, I love them. She created magic with these mixing bowls. I can remember her mixing up her wonderful light rolls in the biggest bowl, and then letting the dough rise while lightly covered with a dish towel. I have tried to recreate those magical light rolls but haven't mastered it. I think I'm getting close, but no cigar yet.

Tonight, I mixed up chocolate chip cookies. They turned out fabulous! I'm sure that magical bowl had something to do with how wonderful they were. And for the record, I ate all my allotted cookies before they were baked. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment